VWR International, LLC to Acquire LabPartner (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
VWR International, LLC, announced that it will acquire LabPartner (Shanghai) Co., Ltd., subject to customary closing conditions and Chinese regulatory approval.
Based in Shanghai, LabPartner is an established provider of lab equipment, reagents, consumables, and services for research and development. LabPartner supports the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industries in China, delivering premium products and integrated services, with a focus on chemical distribution.
As part of a VWR's global corporate strategy, the Company continues to seek opportunities to expand our global footprint through select acquisitions and expansion of existing operations. LabPartner's infrastructure will complement VWR's current footprint in the Asia Pacific region to meet the needs of our global and local customers.
"VWR's acquisition of LabPartner strengthens our position in China by increasing our scale, geographic reach and supplier offerings to our customers," stated Eddy Wu, VWR's Senior Vice President and President of Asia Pacific. "We are excited to add LabPartner's complementary business to VWR's global laboratory supply and distribution business."
Financial details of this acquisition remain confidential.
Source: VWR International
More news from this company
- VWR Acquires Hichrom Ltd. (05/07/2015)
- VWR Interntional Signs Agreement to Acquire basan Germany GmbH (05/08/2012)
- VWR International strengthens its position in Italy by aquiring International P.B.I. S.p.A. (09/15/2011)
- VWR Acquires Trenka Industriebedarf Handelsgesellschaft m.b.H. in Austria (04/07/2011)
- VWR and Corning Sign Distribution Agreement (11/25/2008)