VWR International strengthens its position in Italy by aquiring International P.B.I. S.p.A.
VWR International, LLC, a global leader in distributing laboratory supplies and services, announced today that it has acquired INTERNATIONAL P.B.I. S.p.A., based in Milan, Italy.
Established in 1956, INTERNATIONAL P.B.I. is a leading supplier for laboratory equipment and products in Italy, with state of the art expertise in the microbiology field. The Company represents several well-known brands, in addition to its own P.B.I. product portfolio, and serves customer segments that include pharmaceutical, chemical, food and beverage, biotechnology, clinical and education.
"INTERNATIONAL P.B.I.'s business and strong technical capabilities are a great complement to VWR's European operations, allowing us to expand our operations in Italy and deliver the best of both companies to our customers," stated Manuel Brocke-Benz, VWR's Senior Vice President and Managing Director of Europe. "INTERNATIONAL P.B.I.'s philosophy of providing the best possible customer service is ideally aligned with VWR's core mission."
Source: VWR International
More news from this company
- VWR Acquires Hichrom Ltd. (05/07/2015)
- VWR Interntional Signs Agreement to Acquire basan Germany GmbH (05/08/2012)
- VWR International, LLC to Acquire LabPartner (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. (08/05/2011)
- VWR Acquires Trenka Industriebedarf Handelsgesellschaft m.b.H. in Austria (04/07/2011)
- VWR and Corning Sign Distribution Agreement (11/25/2008)