VWR Interntional Signs Agreement to Acquire basan Germany GmbH
VWR International announced that it has signed an agreement to acquire basan Germany GmbH, including its subsidiaries and operations in The Netherlands, France, Italy, Singapore, Malaysia and Vietnam. The agreement is subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory approval in Germany. With 30 years experience, basan is a leading distributor of products and related services for cleanrooms in Europe and S.E. Asia. basan represents several well-known brands in addition to its own basan brand consumable product portfolio supplying various industries including microelectronics, semi-conductor, biotechnology, medical device, pharmaceuticals and automotive.
"basan's well established reputation in cleanroom products and services combined with their strong product and application expertise extends VWR's capabilities in both Europe and S.E. Asia," stated Manuel Brocke-Benz, VWR's Senior Vice President and Managing Director of Europe. "Bringing basan onboard enhances our existing portfolio of products and services, and expands VWR's capabilities to meet our customer's critical environment needs in these important regions." Financial details of this acquisition remain confidential.
Source: VWR International
More news from this company
- VWR Acquires Hichrom Ltd. (05/07/2015)
- VWR International strengthens its position in Italy by aquiring International P.B.I. S.p.A. (09/15/2011)
- VWR International, LLC to Acquire LabPartner (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. (08/05/2011)
- VWR Acquires Trenka Industriebedarf Handelsgesellschaft m.b.H. in Austria (04/07/2011)
- VWR and Corning Sign Distribution Agreement (11/25/2008)