PANalytical acquires XRF laboratories from British Geological Survey
Leading analytical X-ray company PANalytical has acquired the XRF laboratories from the British Geological Survey - BGS (Keyworth, United Kingdom). The acquisition further strengthens PANalytical's leading position in delivering full application solutions. The laboratories will continue to deliver highly advanced X-ray fluorescence (XRF) analysis to BGS and work closely together on research projects in the field of geochemical analysis.
Dr. Simon Milner, Product Marketing Manager XRF, PANalytical, said: "Adding BGS's expertise on standards preparation and XRF application development to PANalytical's broad range of XRF products and services will allow us to further expand our range of high-quality application solutions assisting our customer in industry in maximizing the benefits of our XRF spectrometers."
Professor John Ludden, Executive Director, BGS, said: "BGS use XRF for elemental analysis and chemical analysis, for research in geochemistry, forensic science and archaeology." He continued: "The establishment of the PANalytical XRF labs at the BGS head office in Keyworth, near Nottingham, provides us with another tool to enhance external partnerships to improve the quality, reach and impact of our science."
Source: PANalytical GmbH
More news from this company
- Spectris Acquires Analytical Spectral Devices Inc. (12/07/2012)
- PANalytical expands with ultramodern X-ray tube factory in Eindhoven (10/04/2011)
- PANalytical builds world's most innovative X-ray tube factory (12/07/2010)
- PANalytical and Malvern celebrate US office opening (07/29/2008)
- PANalytical opens direct sales and support organization in Mexico (11/13/2006)