LGC Standards continues global expansion with first office in Dubai
LGC Standards has opened its first branch office in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. This latest expansion into new territories follows on from our 2009 opening of offices in China and Russia.
LGC Standards provides a range of products and services for measurement and laboratory control encompassing reference material distribution and proficiency testing, together with the production of pharmaceutical impurities and custom synthesis. For the first time the company will be able to support Middle Eastern laboratories directly by offering logistical and technical advice in their local language.
The market for reference materials in the Middle East region is growing strongly, as analytical laboratories have increased workloads, driven by changes in food and drug legislation and increased investment in the clinical sector in the region.
The new office in Dubai is managed by Mr Tamer Bakkar Abdelfattah Elsarnagawy, who has a BSc in Pharmacy from the University of Cairo, Egypt, and experience in the pharmaceutical and clinical sector. Mr Abdelfattah Elsarnagawy will be attending ArabLab 2011, on 7-10 March, where LGC Standards will be exhibiting.
Source: LGC Standards
More news from this company
- LGC Standards acquires Africa's largest supplier of reference materials (12/09/2011)
- 26,000 reference materials and one intuitive search engine: LGC Standards launches major online source of accredited reference materials (08/09/2011)
- New reference materials to support dioxin testing of eggs from Germany (02/15/2011)
- LGC Standards extends portfolio with Cardiff Bioanalytical Services acquisition (11/05/2010)
- LGC Standards distributes world's first hand-held automated analytical syringe (08/24/2010)