Thermo Fisher acquires Sterilin Ltd.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. announced that it has acquired Sterilin Ltd., a leading provider of consumable products for microbiology, life science, and clinical laboratories. The acquisition includes a broad portfolio of single-use laboratory products used in sample collection, storage and analysis, including petri dishes, specimen containers, serological pipettes, packaging bottles, silicone tubing and fittings. Adding this extensive range, enables Thermo Fisher to offer an even more comprehensive selection of premium quality laboratory consumables to its customers worldwide.
The transaction underscores Thermo Fisher's continued commitment to invest in complementary products and services that enable customers to strive for greater performance and productivity. Sterilin products and in-house technical manufacturing expertise have an established reputation for excellence, especially in the UK. Thermo Fisher will leverage its global sales and support organization to make these products more accessible to customers across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America.
"The acquisition of Sterilin allows us to expand our sample collection portfolio; we can now provide a broader range of high-quality products for any microbiological, clinical and general life science workflow, from sample collection and processing through to analysis," said Chuck Kummeth, president of the laboratory consumables business, Thermo Fisher Scientific. "We continue to invest in the most up-to-date manufacturing sites and expertise throughout the globe. The acquisition of Sterilin's recently expanded facilities in the UK, outfitted with the latest advanced manufacturing equipment, further underlines our strong commitment to supplying the very best laboratory consumables to meet demand at a local and global level."
Source: Thermo Fisher Scientific
More news from this company
- High-Pressure Ion Chromatography System Delivers New Levels of Simplicity and Flexibility (02/11/2016)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of Life Technologies Corporation (02/06/2014)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Sells its Cell Culture, Gene Modulation and Magnetic Beads Businesses to GE Healthcare (01/08/2014)
- Patent for Multidimensional Chromatography Apparatus and Method for 2-D Ion Chromatography (05/08/2012)
- Dr. J. Sabine Becker Wins 2012 Winter Conference Award in Plasma Spectrochemistry (02/17/2012)