Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of Fermentas
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. has completed its previously announced acquisition of Fermentas International Inc. With Fermentas' broad range of high-quality molecular and cellular biology research tools, including reagents, enzymes and kits, Thermo Fisher can offer a complete workflow for genomics research while building on its platform of PCR and qPCR tools and resources.
Fermentas has approximately 500 employees, is headquartered in Burlington, Ontario, and has principal operations in Vilnius, Lithuania. The company had full-year revenues of approximately CAD $57 million in 2009 (approximately USD $55 million). Fermentas will be integrated into Thermo Fisher Scientific's Analytical Technologies Segment.
Source: Thermo Fisher Scientific
More news from this company
- High-Pressure Ion Chromatography System Delivers New Levels of Simplicity and Flexibility (02/11/2016)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of Life Technologies Corporation (02/06/2014)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Sells its Cell Culture, Gene Modulation and Magnetic Beads Businesses to GE Healthcare (01/08/2014)
- Patent for Multidimensional Chromatography Apparatus and Method for 2-D Ion Chromatography (05/08/2012)
- Dr. J. Sabine Becker Wins 2012 Winter Conference Award in Plasma Spectrochemistry (02/17/2012)