Sigma-Aldrich Opens European Headquarters in St. Gallen, Switzerland
Sigma-Aldrich opened its European Regional Headquarters today in St. Gallen, Switzerland. The new Einstein Facility located in the heart of St. Gallen will be home to approximately 50 employees.
Establishing a European Regional Headquarters represents a critical operational milestone for the Company - bringing its European management together in one location to more effectively serve customers and to accelerate the growth of Sigma-Aldrich outside the U.S. More than sixty percent of Sigma-Aldrich's global sales come from non-U.S. entities and that percentage continues to grow.
"Having our management team together at one site will enable stronger leadership and direction for major supply chain and sales functions, which will result in more efficient management processes and faster decision making," said Michael Harris, Vice President, Managing Director EMEA. "This energy will help accelerate the future growth of the Company."
Sigma-Aldrich has been operating in the canton of St. Gallen since 1989. "We have always had a good relationship with the authorities of the Canton," said Harris. "When it came time to pick a location for our headquarters, we quickly determined that St. Gallen was the clear best choice. The city is only 30 minutes from our Buchs manufacturing facility, proximate to the Zurich international airport and is well known for its business-friendly environment."
Source: Sigma Aldrich Corp.
More news from this company
- Sigma-Aldrich Acquires Research Organics (04/03/2012)
- Sigma-Aldrich Acquires Vetec Quimica Fina Ltda (05/24/2011)
- Sigma-Aldrich Continues to Expand Analytical Suite With Resource Technology Corporation Acquisition (02/15/2011)
- Sigma-Aldrich Acquires ChemNavigator, Inc. (08/19/2009)
- Sigma-Aldrich and the Universite de Montreal Establish Collaboration for RNA Interference Studies (10/08/2007)