(Associate/Junior) Scientist Purification department (m/f/d)
- Perform purification activities (cell homogenization, fractionation, chromatography, normal flow filtration, tangential flow filtration) under supervision of experienced scientists.
- Contribute to the development of new purification processes for a large range of biologics, including scale-up studies.
- Analyze samples from development runs to follow-up the performance of the purification process (SDS-PAGE, Western blotting, spectroscopy).
- Support the transfer of the developed purification processes to the GMP facility.
- Perform production runs in a GMP or non-GMP environment in accordance with the applicable requirements as described in procedures.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures and Batch Record Documents.
- Document the work performed in a detailed way and give input for or write first drafts of development reports in collaboration with the Team Leader or Project Manager.
- Participate in the maintenance and calibration of process equipment.
- Communicate the status of operations to the Team Leader and team members.
- Maintain safe practices and work environment.
- Bachelor or Master Degree with scientific/technical orientation (Biochemistry, Bio-engineering, Industrial Engineering, Pharmaceutical sciences)
- Enthusiastic, pro-active, analytical, open-minded, curious and hands-on approach.
- Flexible attitude
- Be a good communicator within the team
- Ability to evaluate performed activities and be able to think about and suggest changes/improvements
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team in a dynamic environment
- Ability to plan own activities based on weekly input from the Team Leader/Project Manager
- Having a technical feeling to work with complex equipment
- Fluent in Dutch and/or English, written and spoken
Eurofins BioPharma Service