Extended spectrum of applications for centrifugation
Eppendorf has introduced the high-capacity fixed-angle Rotor FA-6x250 for up to 6 x 250 mL bottles. The Rotor FA-6x250 extends the application range of the large benchtop Centrifuges 5910 R and 5920 R, which encompasses harvesting of bacteria, algae and yeast, as well as mammalian cells, in vessels up to 250 mL. An additional area of application now includes plasmid DNA extractions and lysate clearance following cell lysis.
A broad selection of 12 different adapters minimizes the need for cumbersome rotor exchanges during the workflow; numerous vessel types of various volumes can now be accommodated by simply switching adapters. This simplifies handling and saves time.
The Eppendorf Centrifuges 5910 R and 5920 R also offer a large variety of rotors, thus serving countless applications in vessels ranging from 0.5 mL to 1,000 mL in volume. In the past, the use of 250 mL flat bottom bottles had been limited to swing-bucket rotors with a maximum speed just over 5,000 x g. The new fixed-angle rotor FA-6x250 now delivers a speed of up to 15,054 x g, effectively extending the range of application of the large Eppendorf benchtop centrifuges.
More products of this company
- Eppendorf Conical Tubes 25 mL - the innovative tube format
- Eppendorf CryoCube® F740 ULT freezers now all-green
- epMotion® 5073m NGS solution - The solution in cases of small sample numbers and limited space
- Eppendorf presents first internally developed CO2 incubator
- Take Full Advantage of Versatility: Eppendorf SmartExtender now available