New XL Cutting Mill Boosts Sample Throughput
Size reduction of large sample pieces and volumes - with the new SM 400 XL RETSCH have enhanced their cutting mill portfolio by a model for specific requirements. This mill is suitable for primary cutting of large sample pieces measuring up to 170 x 220 mm, but can also achieve the required final fineness in one step, depending on the application. The grinding chamber volume of 7.5 l and the large surface of the bottom sieves (240 x 240 mm) allow for complete homogenization even of large sample volumes in one working run. Hence, the sample throughput is considerably higher than that of smaller models.
Thanks to the optional cyclone-suction combination, the SM 400 XL is also suitable for grinding heat-sensitive materials. This tool not only improves material discharge but also provides a cooling effect thanks to the air jet.
The fold-back hopper and removable bottom sieves ensure quick and easy cleaning of the mill.
In addition to the SM 400 XL RETSCH offer three cutting mill types for different requirements: from the budget-priced basic model and universally suitable standard model to the heavy-duty mill with RES technology.
Benefits SM 400 XL
- For feed sizes up to 170 mm x 220 mm
- Powerful size reduction also of heterogeneous materials
- Substantially higher throughput than with smaller models
- Suitable for temperature-sensitive samples
- Quick and easy cleaning thanks to fold-back hopper and smooth surfaces
- Final fineness defined by bottom sieves with apertures from 1 - 20 mm