Analytik Jena-subsidiary obtains approval of improved BSE test kit
The Leipzig-based biotechnology company, AJ Roboscreen, has obtained approval from the EU TSE Reference Laboratory of an improved BetaPrionâ BSE EIA Test Kit. The analysis time has been markedly shortened from 3 hours 10 minutes to only 1 hour 40 minutes, which was possible based on the specific features of the kit.
'To our knowledge, this test is the fastest commercially available ELISA test for identification of prion diseases in cattle' said Dr. Awad Osman, CSO of AJ Roboscreen.
The hugely shortened analysis time means a 25% to 30% cost saving for the customer. A further highlight is the extremely low error rate compared with competitor products, which has been maintained from the previous version. At the same time, an additional increase in sensitivity was achieved.
The use of this kit could bring considerable savings for the state-controlled market for BSE, which is 10 million Euros in Germany alone. In Europe, because of legal requirements, about 12 million cattle slaughtered yearly need to be examined for BSE. This represents a market volume of about 50 to 60 million Euros. The company's aim is to take advantage of the product's much improved marketability in Germany and Europe.
Source: Analytik Jena AG
More news from this company
- Analytik Jena Science Award honors outstanding scientific articles (06/28/2019)
- Analytik Jena and BAM Agree to Cooperate in Research (11/30/2017)
- Analytik Jena sells AJ Blomesystem (07/06/2017)
- Analytik Jena launched new mass spectrometers with ICP-MS technology (02/26/2015)
- Analytik Jena Establishes Subsidiary in India (11/13/2014)