Chemical Operator (m/f/d)
- Perform all tasks with safety of self and fellow workers as the highest priority.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures outlined in the company Safety Manual.
- Read and carefully follow all procedures and Job Safety Analyses.
- Loading and unloading tank trucks, rail cars and ISO containers.
- Unloading palletized goods from trucks and moving to warehouse or the process unit.
- Filling and emptying drums.
- Taking production samples and running wet lab tests.
- Connecting/disconnecting hoses and opening/closing valves.
- Use the DCS (distributed control system) to monitor the process and manipulate process variables.
- Troubleshoot process, equipment and instrument problems
- Taking readings, making rounds and preparing written records.
- Communicating with fellow workers via radio and in-person.
- Taking measurements and performing mathematical calculations.
- Changing pipe strainers and changing sock (bag) filters.
- Issuing safe work permits for maintenance and construction personnel.
- Participating in teams to improve work practices and processes.
- Maintain excellent housekeeping in accordance with company standards. Regular cleaning, including the use of pressure washers, is expected.
- Train and qualify as an internal ISO auditor.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Process Technician degree or science related Bachelors' degree required.
- Have 0-10 years of process plant or liquids loading experience. A minimum of 2 years is preferred.
- Knowledge of process equipment (pumps, valves, heat exchangers, reactors, etc.).
- Ability to read and follow procedures and process flow diagrams.
- Knowledge and proficiency in CLTT (Clear, Lock, Tag and Try)
- Basic knowledge of computers including e-mail and MS Word.
Evonik Industries AG
Deer Park, Texas [USA]
More job offers from this company
- Chemist (m/f/d) (2019/11/04)