Chemical Process Engineer Lead (m/f/d)
- Provides leadership and direction in the day to day decision making for the operating area of responsibility, and monitors and intervenes with plant operators to meet quality and production targets.
- Able to effectively lead optimization activities and ongoing process improvement initiatives, including projects for EH&S compliance, reliability, capacity, process consistency, quality and cost reduction.
- Work closely with all disciplines, troubleshooting problems, to ensure plant processes are aligned to provide maximum output levels and efficiencies.
- Continuously evaluate equipment, process operations and controls to ensure personnel safety, environmental stewardship and regulatory compliance.
- Optimize production by conducting tests, monitoring performances, and compiling de-bottleneck studies to identify cost-saving opportunities.
- Has expert knowledge of the manufacturing process, products and technology, and works with Process Engineers and the Technology Transfer Center to ensure that equipment is performing to design specification.
- Participates in root cause investigations and advanced troubleshooting and coaches others to learn these skills.
- Initiate, develop and execute validation/qualification protocols to support business/operational initiatives including customer backorder minimization, cost reduction, non-conformance reduction, complaint reduction, yield/process reliability improvement, and FDA/ISO compliance requirements.
- Investigate and implement corrective and preventive actions (CAPAs) to meet business and compliance requirements.
- Develop Value Stream Maps or Process Maps to identify improvement opportunities for Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost
- Apply a wide range of Lean, Six Sigma methods and tools to develop and implement process improvements
- Other duties as assigned.
- Some travel may be required (<10%).
- Position requires a four-year degree in Chemical Engineering.
- 5-10 years of chemical process engineering experience is required.
- Prior experience in medical device, chemical or pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Prior experience in an active plant support/operational chemical process engineering role highly preferred.
- Experience in project and team leadership is required.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt with demonstrated successes desired.
Milford, Delaware [USA]