- Participates in development of scientific strategy.
- Develops realistic proposals and timelines.
- Leads meetings/teleconferences with clients.
- Coordinates development of methods and processes that meet or exceed the expectations from clients and provide innovation as necessary.
- Coordinates research of industry practices and processes and applies to innovative drug development internally and for client products.
- Presents recommendations internally and to clients.
- Leads projects without supervision; may lead multiple projects, including managing project timelines and deliverables.
- Guides and advises during implementation of new methodologies and processes.
- Solves problems related to the conduct of chemical experiments.
- Liaises with internal scientific, analytical, and laboratory functional areas to meet project and team objectives.
- Performs all duties in strict compliance with Standard Operating Procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Laboratory Practices and Safety guidelines.
- Maintains the necessary compliance status required by company and facility standards.
- Bachelor's of Science in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, or related physical science. Advanced degree preferred.
- Requires 8 years of progressive scientific experience, including 5 years in a related life sciences field.
- If related Master's degree, typically requires 6 years of related experience.
- If related PhD, typically requires 3 experience.
- Experience working directly with clients.
- Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
Thermo Fisher Scientific
High Point, North Carolina [USA]