Microbiology Laboratory Manager (m/f/d)
- Organize and direct the operational activities of the Environmental Microbiology laboratory and satellite laboratories.
- In collaboration with the Business Unit Manager, develop, analyze and evaluate operational metrics and overall health of laboratory performance.
- Provide oversight for method development, accreditation, and other operational laboratory initiatives.
- Direct leadership of key laboratory personnel, and provide leadership and support to all laboratory personnel.
- Identify and deploy operational best practices.
- Develop, deploy, and enforce qualify controls and supporting systems to ensure that all laboratory generated results meet or exceed client, local, state, and federal quality standards.
- Develop, deploy, and enforce standard operating procedures (SOPs) to ensure the safety and well-being of all laboratory personnel.
- Ensure laboratory is operated in accordance with all local, state, and federal regulations governing the safe operation of a commercial laboratory.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill or ability required.
- Expertise in field of study;
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, or other related science with a minimum of 5 years laboratory operations experience.
- Experience in analytics;
- Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite, Outlook, LIMS, etc)
Horsham, Pennsylvania [USA]