Chemist I, E&L (m/f/d)
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or a related science degree
- 0-2 years of experience in analytical laboratory operations
- Knowledge of HPLC and/or GC and/or ICP analytical instrumentation is a plus
Job Description:The Chemist I, Extractable & Leachablewill perform material extractions, standard solution, and sample preparations to support GC-MS/FID and/or LC-MS/PDA and/or ICP-MS/OES analysis on extractable and leachable (E&L) testing of pharmaceutical containers and medical devices.
- Performs solvent extractions and sample preparation on a variety of pharmaceutical products and packaging materials.
- Prepares chemical solutions following standard operating procedures and appropriate test methodology/study protocols.
- May be responsible for routine set-up, maintenance, and running of basic equipment used to test samples.
- Keeps an inventory of chemicals for the daily functioning of the laboratory. Order chemicals and supplies as needed.
- Manage chemical and test sample disposal and keep an inventory of disposed samples. Manage laboratory waste disposal.
- Responsible for the maintenance of test areas and cleaning of glassware.
- Document all testing activities in accordance with cGMP.
- Performs duties according to LSS Global direction and in compliance with cGMP and GLP regulations and SGS Integrity programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Fairfield, Connecticut [USA]