Principal Scientist (m/f/d)
Qualifications:Education and Experience
- Must possess a PhD, M.D., D.O., or similar post-graduate degree in Science in the field of biology, chemistry, or cosmetic science, Medicine in the field of dermatology or related, or Bio- or biomedical- Engineering AND (Required)
- 7+ years of experience in a related field (Required)
- 5+ years of Principal Scientist or equivalent experience (Required)
- Dermatology background, sunscreen and cosmetic testing experience a plus (Required)
- Language Skills: English spoken and written proficiency level of knowledge required; other languages are a PLUS
- Mathematical Skills: Intermediate skill level preferred with familiarity with statistics
- Reasoning Skills/Abilities: Advanced level required
- Computer Skills: MS Office Suite - Basic user proficiency preferred
- Ability to work in team environment and maintain professional behavior
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong ability to balance multiple priorities and produce results
- Ultimately accountable for ensuring studies are effectively designed to meet Sponsor requirements efficiently and safely
- Provide scientific input and oversight for all research and related study activities
- Design, plan, perform, document and interpret scientific research and experiments. Select, evaluate, and qualify related equipment
- Oversee internal innovation or partnerships in the development of new study designs or methods of analysis
- Represent Company and Company policies as needed during client visits and regulatory agency inspections
- Provide technical support and feedback to clients and other SGS groups
- Oversight on investigations and related reporting / communications for Adverse Events or other scientific issues
- Directly support the Sales and Business Development team to aid in scope definition and study design with sponsors allowing for scientifically relevant designs leading to accurate and competitive pricing
- Support the external marketing of SGS as best in class through research, publications, presentations, etc.
- Participate with other leaders in the business in the assessment of business development opportunities
- May directly support studies as a Principal Investigator in accordance with Good Clinical Practices
- In the future, may have full supervisory responsibility of direct and indirect reports (hiring: interviewing, selection; planning work, scheduling, performance evaluations, performance management and termination)
- Possesses knowledge and complies with applicable FDA / Governmental / International regulations.
- Update and / or establish internal standards, policies and procedures in relation to job duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Richardson, TX [USA]