Senior Scientist, Toxicology (m/f/d)
For this role the Senior Scientist in the Clinical Business Unit will be responsible for providing scientific contribution which impacts product development and business outcomes, and positions Waters as the leading specialty measurement company in diagnostics.
The key purpose of the role is the development of LC-MS/MS and mass spectrometry-based applications to support forensics and toxicology business activities and new product development. The developed applications will be a key component of Waters solutions, therefore, they must be robust and meet the needs of toxicology laboratories.
Due to the business needs LC-MS/MS and mass spectrometry-based applications development will be the primary responsibility:
- Development of new applications for use in forensics and toxicology in accordance with processes and procedures
- Production of application notes and scientific posters for the forensics and toxicology market
- Evaluation of new hardware, software and consumables development
- Support the transfer knowledge of applications, hardware, software and consumables to internal and external stakeholders
- Attend scientific conferences to present data and to gather knowledge
- Technical presentations at internal and external meetings
- Qualified to degree level or higher in Biochemistry, Chemistry or related life-science
- Proven experience in LC-MS/MS method development and mass spectrometry-based detection techniques including high resolution mass spectrometry for toxicology assays (screening and confirmation)
- Experience in Design of Experiment and statistical analysis
- Experience in working to GLP and QMS