Scientist I, Investigative Toxicology (m/f/d)
Minimum Requirements / Qualifications:
- PhD in biology, pharmacology, toxicology or a related discipline with PostDoc experience.
- Experience with conventional and advanced cell culture approaches with cell lines, primary cells, and iPSC cells. Experience with 3D cell-culture and cell based assays is highly desirable.
- Experience running routine immunoassays including flow cytometry, ELISA, Luminex, and MSD.
- Experience in assays related to liver safety biomarkers, transporters, and P450 enzymes is desired.
- Experience working in a matrixed team environment at a pharmaceutical company and/or CRO
- Broad scientific knowledge including pharmacology, toxicology, pathology, physiology and biochemistry.
- Expertise designing & delivering fit for purpose assays for understanding the mechanism of toxicity of agents including drugs, for biomarker
- development and application, and for de-risking drug candidates.
- Experience with organ systems in addition to liver such as cardiovascular, GI, and immune systems is highly desired
- Experience with in vitro methods to assess the safety and efficacy of non-viral gene therapies is desired.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Lead toxicological investigations to detect & de-risk toxicities in drug discovery and development using in vitro and in vivo data.
- Use cutting edge cell culture and organ-on-a-chip technologies to help make the next generation of gene and cell therapies.
- Probe molecular and cellular mechanisms of toxicity to determine drivers of liver, lung and cardiovascular toxicities and guide drug projects to make safer medicines using your experience, in-house, and literature data.
Boston, MA [Vereinigte Staaten]