Antibody Conjugation Scientist III, Technical Operations (m/f/d)
How will you get here?
- BS degree plus five (5), or MS/PhD plus three (3) years relevant manufacturing experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience (industrial experience preferred).
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Good knowledge of conjugation using Sulfhydryl and amine chemistry
- Familiar with brilliant ultraviolet dyes and MTA conjugation method
- Familiar with different purification methods (Protein A, Protein G, IgM purifications)
- Familiar with using AKTA and HPLC for purification and conjugation production.
- Proficiency with sterile/aseptic technique.
- Basic knowledge of cell culture and cell chemistry
- Broad based knowledge and experience in experimental design (DOE), and statistical quality, including experience with secondary vendor validations and scale-up projects.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible team player capable of effectively managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Project management experience.
- Effectively work cross functionally with representatives from other departments and teams.
- Critically evaluate, revise, or create process documents; ensure that efficient, reproducible, quality manufacturing processes and documents are developed for new and existing products.
- Strive to improve product quality through establishment of more effective or efficient manufacturing processes and quality testing.
- Initiate and implement appropriate experiments to address manufacturing process failures.
- Actively participate in New Product Development product and process development activities. Co-development with R&D or Manufacturing Sciences throughout process as required.
- Organize and prioritize work to ensure on-time delivery.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Proficient in PC applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
What will you do?
- Design and execute experimental studies based on the deliverables. Analyze and summarize the data and provide complete documentation.
- Lead and complete improvement or root cause analysis projects with a high degree of complexity and scope.
- Prepare and execute validation protocols.
- Process development and engineering for productivity and scale/yield improvements.
- Work cross-functionally to efficiently release products, resolve problems, and provide support to other departments across the organization.
- Present experimental results at team meetings and seminars.
- Provide detailed protocol (batch record) documentation for implementation in manufacturing
- Drive improvement projects for safety, quality, and cost-reduction.
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Carlsbad, CA [Vereinigte Staaten]