Senior Scientist, Analytical Methods (m/f/d)
- Ph.D. earned from an accredited institution in biochemistry or other relevant field, with significant hands-on experiences in LC/MS analysis of proteins and other new modalities. Experience with LBA and PK, PD and biomarkers.
- Competency with LC-MS, LC-MS/MS, HRMS, HDX instrumentation.
- Competency with state of the art LBDA technologies (MSD, Gyros)
- A fundamental understanding of protein chemistry and familiarity with handling of proteins and biologics.
- Experience with mass spectrometry software (Analyst, Xcalibur, and other protein data processing software).
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in an interdisciplinary environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement new LC/MS technologies within the field in vivo CQA (critical quality attributes) of biologics, and biotransformation of therapeutic proteins and other new modalities.
- Conduct studies on in vivo protein variant/glycoform/biotransformation studies, intact mass analysis, peptide mapping, in vivo/in vitro protein stability and generate information for enhancing understanding of biochemical and in vivo properties of development drug candidates.
- Develop immunocapture-LC/MS assays for quantitation of protein biomarkers and perform sample analysis.
- Conduct oligonucleotide metabolite profiling, identification and quantitation.
- Operate liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) instrumentation, including maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Develop and validate LBA assays.
- Develop an understanding of R&D team goals and work effectively toward achieving them, represent Analytical Development on Drug development teams.
- Keep abreast of relevant literature and develop visibility outside of functional area and externally.
- Communicate results and data interpretation through oral presentations and written documents to other DMPK colleagues, multidisciplinary project teams, and management.
- Comply with all applicable regulations; ensure that work performed in area of responsibility is conducted in a safe and compliant manner; maintain proper records in accordance with corporate SOPs and policies.
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH & Co. KG