Scientist - Synthetic Biology and NGS (m/f/d)
What we expect of you:
- Doctorate degree OR
- Master's degree and 4 years of relevant experience OR
- Bachelor's degree and 6 years of relevant experience
- A working understanding of Molecular Biology techniques related to DNA cloning, Next-Generation Sequencing, and recombinant protein expression
- Experience leading the operations of a core facility or dedicated function
- Experience with highly automated and miniaturized laboratory workflows
- Designing and implementing novel workflows in molecular biology or synthetic biology
- Robotic Liquid handling (TECAN, Acoustic liquid handlers) and worklist scripting
- Data management and overseeing sample/data workflows
- Efficient, timely and clear communication to enable working in teams
- Publishing your scientific contributions and achievements
- Develop and support high throughput, miniaturized synthetic biology pipelines within Therapeutic Discovery.
- Innovate novel approaches to increase throughput for our large molecule portfolio through robotics and automation.
- Oversee the daily operations of an NGS core supporting teams engaged in protein engineering and recombinant protein production for large molecule therapeutic discovery
- Provide scientific ideas and results that support the generation of publications, patents, or regulatory submissions, and participate in internal and external scientific meetings.
Thousand Oaks, Kalifornien [Vereinigte Staaten]