Scientist II / Scientist III, Immunology (m/f/d)
Scientist II RequirementsA Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of three (3) years of experience in a related scientific discipline OR a Master's Degree in a related scientific discipline.
Scientist III Requirements
- A Master's Degree with a minimum of three (3) years of experience in a related scientific discipline, OR a Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of seven (7) years of experience in a related scientific discipline.
- Supplemental technical courses in area of expertise
Requirements for both levels
- Basic in vitro cell biology skills to include technologies such as culturing primary cells, immune cell isolation, flow cytometry, ELISA, and immune cell-based assays that employ these techniques.
- Experience with laboratory automation, data analysis and programming a plus.
- Ability to draft technical reports.
- Demonstrate written and verbal communication skills.
- Concise and accurate reporting of technical data and interpretation thereof.
- Proven problem-solving ability.
- Able to act for supervisor in his/her absence.
- Appropriate level of understanding of applicable regulations.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including verification of your past employment, criminal history, and educational background
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious accommodation. Click link below for more information on the vaccine mandate and COVID-19.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Initiates and completes routine procedures in an independent and efficient manner; Troubleshoots effectively and solves scientific problems independently; Operates lab equipment and is independently responsible for maintenance.
- Designs and executes non-routine experiments on a basis of literature analyses with minimal supervision.
- Independently applies basic scientific principles, performs literature searches, attends scientific meetings, and keeps abreast of literature in own field.
- Proposes new experiments/technologies based on science as well as overall understanding of drug discovery/development process;
- Demonstrates expertise in field and contributes to training technicians and junior level scientists.
- Effectively communicates and defends own work in the context of team and department goals both orally and in writing.
- Reports and treats data with a high level of integrity and ethics; Write protocols, procedures, and technical reports; Provide input for scientific reports.
- Complies with applicable regulations, performing all work in a safe manner; Maintains proper records in accordance with SOPs and policies.
- Develop in vitro assays using both primary cells and cell lines to enable identification and characterization of new targets and understanding of in vitro pharmacology of drug candidates.
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH & Co. KG
CT, Richfield [USA]