Chemist III, Process Technology Improvement in Silicones (m/f/d)
- BS, MS, or PhD degree in Chemistry or related field.
- Background in chemical synthesis with experience in polymer or silicone chemistry preferred. Experience in HPLC, GPC, and GC operation and method design.
- Chemical process improvement beneficial. Bachelors 5 or more years of experience, Masters or PhD 0 or more years of experience.
- Knowledge in organic chemistry, with proficient laboratory bench skills and lab practices (safe chemical handling, maintaining lab notebook, etc.).
- Be proficient in operation and troubleshooting of HPLC, GPC, and GC instrumentation. Strong leadership, oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Support production with troubleshooting and process improvements, the design of chemical synthesis reactions, and the interpretation of analytical data for evaluation of product quality, all with detailed reports.
- Develop analytical techniques for polymer mixtures using HPLC, GPC, & GC. This includes method development, extensive reporting, maintenance and troubleshooting of instruments.
- Support the business lines in developing new materials through chemical synthesis. Development of new chemistry.
Evonik Industries AG
Hopewell, Virginia [USA]