(Senior) Principal Scientist Histopathology (m/f/d)
Requirements as Principal Scientist
- Master's degree in life science, medicine- or veterinary studies, alternatively completed vocational training with longtime professional experience in an international environment.
- A PhD, MD, or DVM with post graduate trainings in veterinary- or medical pathology would be advantageous
- Several years of experience as a research-, toxicologic- or medical pathologist in the pharmaceutical- or biotech industry
- Excellent interpersonal-, communication- and presentation skills in English paired with the ability to work in a global team environment
Additional Requirements as Senior Principal Scientist
- PhD, MD, or DVM with post graduate training in veterinary pathology or medical pathologist
- Experience in leading people
Tasks & responsibilities as Principal Scientist
- As Principal Scientist you lead the Histopathology laboratory in Discovery Research Germany staffed with a team of highly motivated employees.
- You are responsible for the evaluation and assessment of histology- and histopathology related questions and tasks from all research departments such as (cancer) immunology, ophthalmology, neuroscience, cardiometabolic and respiratory diseases.
- As team member in global research project teams, you support target / biomarker discovery, validation of disease animal models, treatment efficacy of compound testing in in-vivo / in-vitro systems as well as the evaluation of potential side effects therein.
- To this end, your lab collaborates with Molecular Pathology and Digital Image Analysis experts.
- You are responsible for the establishment, continuous improvement, and automatization of technologies for a highly specialized and state-of-the-art histopathology laboratory for the evaluation of targets / biomarkers in human-, xenograft- and animal model tissue samples.
- You peer review research conducted at academia and CROs.
Additional Tasks & responsibilities as Senior Principal Scientist
- You represent a key team member in global research project teams
- You set up and lead international academic collaborations and initiatives and peer review research conducted at academia and CROs.
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH & Co. KG