Scientist - Protein Conjugation (m/f/d)
- Doctorate degree ORMaster's degree and 4 years of laboratory experience OR
- Bachelor's degree and 6 years of laboratory experience
- PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry or a related field
- A track record of scientific accomplishments (e.g., peer-reviewed publications and patents)
- Experience in organic/peptide/nucleotide synthesis and conjugation chemistry
- Experience in protein engineering or protein biochemistry techniques is a plus
- Experience in purifying a range of different molecules using multiple chromatographic methods (e.g. RP HPLC, ion exchange, size exclusion chromatography)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work comfortably within a large team of scientists and engineers with diverse technical and cultural backgrounds
What you will doThe Chemical Conjugation Group in the Selection and Modality Engineering Department at Amgen is seeking a highly motivated Scientist in the field of bio-conjugation to join us in the state-of-the-art research facility at the Amgen headquarters campus located in Thousand Oaks, CA.
The qualified candidate will work at the interface of synthetic chemistry, biochemistry and chemical biology, and apply their skills in developing new hybrid therapeutics and ground-breaking novel modalities.
- Responsibilities include: the design, synthesis, purification and characterization of antibody, protein, peptide conjugates for potential clinical drug development
- This individual will work in teams to develop novel chemical conjugation methods and establish new conjugation platforms
- Review, analyze, and interpret scientific data and results; provide regular updates, documentation, and/or communication on project results; collaborate with other scientists and remain current with field of expertise, including literature and technology development.
Thousand Oaks, California [USA]