R&D Engineer (m/f/d)
- Operate, maintain, and troubleshoot catalyst test units and analytical tools used to discover new catalysts and processes that deliver value to SC businesses.
- Specifically, evaluate catalysts in high-throughput and conventional fixed bed and batch reactors using analytical hardware such as gas and liquid chromatography.
- Plan experiments in collaboration with the technical project team.
- Conduct equipment operational programming.
- Develop and implement GC methods and maintain equipment.
- Characterize catalysts using BET, XRD, LS, SEM, etc. and interpret resulting data.
- May prepare or assist in preparing catalytic materials.
- Work-up, analyze, and present data using appropriate specialty software packages such as DOE, visualization, and statistical analysis programs.
- Communicate results internally via reports, presentations, and informally.
- Generate IP and assist with patent preparation.
- Operate a safe laboratory by working closely with the site safety committee and coworkers
- May direct technical/research assistants when applicable.
- BS in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or a related field with 3-8 years of industrial experience in heterogeneous catalysis, or MS in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or a related field with 1-5 years of industrial experience in heterogeneous catalysis
- We will also accept candidates with a Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Software Engineering with 3-8 years of industrial experience in a chemical or similar industry
- Skilled in the evaluation of solid catalysts in fixed bed and batch reactor systems would be a plus.
- Knowledgeable in the use of automated laboratory hardware and software, and in data analysis and reduction software and techniques.
- Experience with analytical methods such as XRD, SEM, TEM, XPS, BET, IR, TPDTPR, HPLC, GC, MS, etc.; including method development.
- Record of success (commercialized products, patents, publications) conducting team-oriented catalyst research.
- Senior technical team member with responsibilities in one or more projects; ability to execute aspects of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Serve as a mentor and technical resource to other technical staff.
- Expertise in high throughput R&D methods.
- Optionally experienced in catalyst synthesis.
Palo Alto, California [USA]