Research Scientist - Cell-based Assays (m/f/d)
- Scientific degree at Bachelors and/or Masters level in a relevant Life Science discipline. Doctorate level candidates cannot be considered for this position.
- Three to five years of post-graduate work experience, preferably with experience in an industrial environment
- Broad knowledge in molecular biology and biochemistry in exploratory environment
- Good knowledge in a wide range of techniques in molecular biology (DNA & RNA purification, RT-qPCR, gene silencing), biochemistry (protein extraction, SDS-PAGE, Western Blotting, immunoprecipitation), ELISA, FACS, cell biology (cell culture, transient transfections, adenoviral transduction), development and implementation of new cellular systems and high throughput assays
- Good knowledge in molecular biology, biochemistry
- Good experience with mammalian cell culture is a must
- Experience in planning, execution, documentation, analysis and interpretation of experiments with support from supervision
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, high motivation and used to effectively work in a well-organized manner in a team environment
- Proven ability to effectively work in a team
- Fluency in English (spoken and written); German would be a plus
- 6000! That's the number of associates in the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR). This division is the innovation engine of Novartis, focusing on powerful new technologies that have the potential to help produce therapeutic breakthroughs for patients.
- The Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR) is the innovation engine of Novartis. We collaborate across scientific and organizational boundaries, with a focus on powerful new technologies that have the potential to help produce therapeutic breakthroughs for patients. The Musculoskeletal Disease (MSD) Institute is part of NIBR and our mission is to target musculoskeletal diseases and injuries to restore mobility and independence to patients.
- The MSD department at NIBR is looking for an independent Research Associate to join a laboratory in the Molecular and Cell Biology II of MSD in Basel, Switzerland. The successful candidate will perform in vitro experiments, mainly cell-based assays using a primary cells and a variety of cell lines to support projects and/or identify and validate novel targets. This role will help target musculoskeletal diseases and injuries to restore mobility and independence to patients
Novartis Pharma AG
4056 Basel [CH]