Scientist - Bioassay Development (m/f/d)
- Bachelor's Degree in biology, cell/molecular biology, or a related field with typically 5-7 years of applicable industry experience, or Master's Degree in biology, cell/molecular biology, or a related field with typically 2-5 years of applicable industry experience.
- Strong enthusiasm to independently innovate and develop creative solutions for complex problems
- Hands on experience in the development of the ligand binding assays and/or cell-based potency assays, ideally from conception to completion.
- Direct experience with potency assay optimization and troubleshooting is a plus.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and use of cells in cell-based assays
- Experience using PRISM, PLA, Softmax Pro, or similar data analysis software.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated abilities to quickly learn new skills, think independently, and work collaboratively in teams.
- The ideal candidate will be hard-working, self-motivated, detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to adapt quickly to changes.
- Development and optimization of novel cell-based potency assays (bioassays) and target-binding potency assays critical to the development of new oncology biologic drugs, including therapeutic antibodies, antibody variants, and antibody drug conjugates (ADCs)
- Perform potency testing and biological activity characterization to support drug development activities and IND submissions
- Train team members, perform complex troubleshooting and optimization experiments
- Present your work to various cross-functional teams
Redwood City, California [USA]