Analytical Scientist (m/f/d)
- BSc or PhD in an analytical, chemical or related scientific field with demonstrated, relevant experience.
- Broad practical experience in developing and validating analytical methods; method development research skills.
- Project management experience.
- Experienced in the use of complex analytical instrumentation.
- Experience of working in a regulated environment (quality, health and safety).
- Familiarity with good scientific practice.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, think and work independently, problem-solve, work in teams and multitask.
- Able to identify and highlight own training needs, and proactively upskill.
- Equipment maintenance and trouble-shooting skills.
- Strong written and oral communications skills; IT Literate.
- Role is subject to probation and training on internal processes.
- Revenue generating laboratory-based analytical project work, applying diverse analytical techniques to a wide range of sample types. Analytical problem solving.
- Method development and validation, including drafting of related documents (methods, protocols, reports).
- Management of simple and complex analytical / technical projects.
- Associated data processing and report writing; peer review of data / reports generated by colleagues.
- Principle techniques dependent on experience and training.
- Client liaison, inter-group liaison, internal projects and initiatives.
- Contributing to and adhering to company standard operating procedures.
- Training of co-workers in own specialist techniques.