Associate Scientist (m/f/d)
- BS in Analytical Chemistry, Chemical Biology, or closely related field; 1-2+ years of experience preferred
- Hands-on experience with HPLC and mass spectrometry
- Familiarity with analytical chemistry sample preparations (e.g., serial dilutions, buffer preparations, tryptic digestions)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact with scientists outside of field.
- Motivated, independent, and productive problem solver
- High attention to detail, creativity in problem-solving, strong interpersonal skills, and ability to successfully work independently at the lab bench
- Experience in proteomics (sample preparation, data acquisition, data analysis)
- 1-3 years industry experience is preferred
- Plan and execute experiments to interrogate mechanisms of targeted protein degradation.
- Prepare samples from cells and tissues for multiple downstream analyses such as mass spectrometry.
- Calibration and routine maintenance of LC-MS systems for proteomics
- Maintain a high level of productivity in the laboratory setting.
- Demonstrate a high degree of responsibility in maintaining scientific standards and safe laboratory practices.
- Keep accurate and current records of research and/or project related activities according to AbbVie policies.
- Interface and collaborate with colleagues and project teams in therapeutic areas to determine appropriate chemical biology approach to best address the needs
Lake County, Illinois [USA]