Research Investigator - Process Chemistry & Development (m/f/d)
- Bachelor degree in organic chemistry and 3-8 years of relevant industry experience.
Masters degree in organic chemistry and 0-5 years of relevant industry experience.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of synthetic organic chemistry required.
- Experience using typical analytical tools (example: HPLC, UPLC, LC-MS, NMR, Karl-Fischer) required.
- Experience using common reactor platforms (EasyMax, OptiMax) and running scale-up equipment preferred.
- May be required to work in high potency suite wearing appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment) and RPE (respiratory protective equipment).
- Works with departmental and/or cross functional peers (including discovery, analytical and drug product development) to execute on assignments, under limited supervision.
- Owns responsibility for technical aspects of a project.
- Independently designs, prepares and executes complex experimental protocols.
- Reviews, interprets and communicates data internally (including supervisor and project teams) and prepares technical reports.
- Contributes significantly to project work within The Senior Research Associate / Research Investigator functional area, specifically in areas including synthetic route scouting, process optimization, unit operation design, process characterization and scale-up.
- Assists with the development of project strategies and communicates complex data/decisions within the department and cross-functionally as necessary.
- Supports local initiatives as directed by supervisor and participates in global Pharmaceutical Sciences or functional initiatives as appropriate.
- Responsible for remaining up to date with new technologies and methodologies within the wider industry and academia. Identifies and champions new technologies and methodologies, supports internalizing the latest advances to support our pipeline projects and key technology initiatives.
- Supports technology transfer to manufacturing partners through the preparation and consolidation of technical documents.
- Applies organic chemistry and specific synthetic process knowledge to understand and resolve scale-up issues during transfer.