Scientist Research & Development Medical Devices (m/f/d)
- BS/MS in Materials Science, Biomedical, Biomechanical, Polymer or Chemical engineering or other relevant engineering discipline plus 2 or more years relevant experience is preferred
- Knowledge of polymer processing and scientific principles pertaining to and capable in the operation of standard laboratory, analytical, and/or processing and manufacturing equipment; examples include:
- Processing: Polymerization, 3D printing, injection molding, extrusion, compression molding, electrospinning, spray coating etc.
Mechanical Testing: Fatigue testing, flexure, 4 point bending, tensile testing, compression testing, hardness testing, Scratch testing, and Tribometric testing.
- Thermal Analysis: Differential Scanning Calorimeter, Thermal Gravimetric Analyzer, Dynamic Mechanical Analyzer, Thermal Mechanical Analyzer, Gas Chromatography and Rheometers.
- Characterization: UV-Vis spectrometer, particle size analyzer, viscometer, Optical Microscopy, Scanning Electron Microscope, Interferometry, Atomic Force Microscopy, and X-Ray Diffraction.
- Experience in different 3D-Printing technologies
- Experience with CAD design software (Solidworks)
- Must be mechanically inclined/comfortable assembling and troubleshooting equipment.
- Perform experiments and conduct activities in support of: (1) medical device research and development; (2) analytical and performance testing of medical devices and polymers; (3) Quality Control testing of medical devices and polymers; (4) engineering, design, development, and scale-up of medical device polymeric processes; and/or (5) cGMP manufacturing operations.
- Generate, analyze, and tabulate data and results.
- Maintain thorough and accurate research and laboratory documentation including experimental methods, observations, data, and results.
- Recognize and act upon opportunities regarding the maintenance, calibration, and improvement of facilities, equipment, and procedures; take corrective action as directed by management.
- Follow safety practices and procedures; uses personal protection equipment (PPE) appropriate to the type of hazard and exposure potential.
- Actively participates in identifying and resolving safety issues.
Evonik Industries AG
Birmingham, Alabama [USA]