Analytiker / Chemiker für das Inprozesskontroll-Labor (m/w/d)
- You support the discovery and drive the clinical translation of proteomic and metabolomic biomarkers.
- By using appropriate concepts and relevant methodology, you ensure the successful implementation of biomarker strategies in clinical trials and translational studies.
- In your role as lab head you will lead a team of highly motivated and experienced lab scientists focusing on LC-MS based analytics.
- In addition to leading an internal lab, you will collaborate with contract research organizations on all aspects of biomarker analytics, including method development, method transfer, fit-for-purpose validation and oversight of clinical study measurements.
- As an expert, you evaluate and report the results of clinical biomarker assays.
- In close collaboration with other early clinical development functions, you ensure that the biomarker data package enables Proof-of-Clinical-Principle and supports the Target Product Profile.
- With your analytical expertise, you support experimental medicine studies and/or projects in collaboration with internal and external partners and act as a consultant for clinical applications of LC-MS/MS and high-resolution MS based analyses.You act as connector and establish a network of academic and industrial partners to ensure a continuous exchange about biomarker methodology and endpoints across projects.
- PhD (in Analytical Chemistry, Pharmacy, Biochemistry, or related subjects) with a strong record of accomplishment of independent clinical/research activities with several years of postdoctoral or equivalent working experience in a pharmaceutical or diagnostic company or as an independent academic researcher
- Expert knowledge and hands-on experience in liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (LC-MS) as well as experience in quantitation of small molecules and peptide/protein biomarkers in samples from various biological matrices by means of LC-MS including corresponding sample preparation techniques, ideally in the setting of clinical trials
- Some experience in statistical analysis of data would be a plus (e.g. multivariate analysis, analysis of large data sets)
- Credible knowledge of and experience with biomarkers in clinical drug development with an understanding of clinical biomarker applications, evaluation and analysis of biomarker data and their linkage to pathophysiology and clinical endpoints
- The international nature of the task requires excellent English - both spoken and written, German language skills would be a plus
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH & Co. KG