PostDoc / Scientist for meta-omics analyses of microbial consortia (m/f/d)
- Compositional analysis and monitoring of constructed bacterial consortia and enrichment cultures based on amplicon sequencing data
- Whole genome sequencing of bacterial consortia, reconstruction of metagenome-assembled genomes and functional annotation, genome analysis of single strains
- Establish and apply workflows and analysis pipelines for Oxford Nanopore sequencing (MinION) and hybrid assembly with Illumina sequencing data
- Functional genomics and activity tracking of bacterial strains and consortia by (meta)proteome analysis
- Data management
- Supervision and instruction of students and technicians involved in the project
- Publication of results in high-impact journals and presentation at project workshops and international conferences
- Support of the project coordinator and reporting for the meta-omics work package of the Cell4Chem project
- PhD in biology, biochemistry, bioinformatics or related discipline with a strong background in microbiology and molecular biology
- A passion for computational biology and microbial genomics is a plus.
- Experience in bioinformatics and multivariate statistics is essential, including proficient use of analysis tools and databases for genome analysis and pathway annotation as demonstrated by the scientific publication track record.
- Wet-lab experience with next generation sequencing techniques and proteome analysis, or experience in metabolic modelling are beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills in English is needed.
Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ)
Start of Work:
Yes, until 05/31/2024