Senior Manager Applied Research & Technology, Architectural Coatings
- B.S. degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related science; M.S. or Ph.D. preferred.
- B.S. degree with >20 years' experience in the Chemical Industry, leading technology team(s) responsible for supporting customers and developing new additives or resins used in Coatings applications; M.S. with 7+ years' or Ph.D. with 4-5 years' experience is preferred.
- Experience providing technical support to customers and distributors and managing internal (R&D, Applied Technology, Marketing, Sales) stakeholders.
- Strong leadership & managerial skills to build support for, plan, organize and execute projects.
- Comply with all EHSQ (Environmental, Health, Safety & Quality) measures and requirements
- Build up and sustain technical service support in the US and Canada for the Architectural Coatings Market through demonstrating innovation and technical service competence to customers, initiating and maintaining important business contacts, and training customers and distribution partners.
- Participate in the development of market segment strategies and targets through actively participate on the Americas Decorative Coatings Market Segment Team, collaborating with Sales & Marketing to identify customer needs, define market requirements, and respond with appropriate technical solutions, ensure alignment with global and regional strategies, efficiently execute all market-oriented applications development and innovation activities, and attend conferences and prepare technical papers and journal articles to represent the Architectural Coatings market segment
- Actively support Coating Additives' New Product development and commercialization
- Continuously advance Architectural Coatings product knowledge, competence and expertise by participating on the Architectural Coatings Global Technical Competence Team abd by proactively transfering knowledge on additive, filler and resin technology as they pertain to Architectural Coatings to colleagues in all functions
- Lead and develop employees within the Americas Architectural Coatings AR&T team; act as a leader within the site and organization
- Serve as the Business Line's "Product Group Responsible" for Extenders/Specialty Fillers
Evonik Industries AG
Allentown, Pennsylvania [USA]