Research Technician (m/f/d)
We are looking for a highly motivated person with extensive experience in protein crystallization as well as the operation of robotic equipment and with a strong interest in methods development. Experience in protein crystallography and fragment screening will be highly appreciated. You will cooperate with other Team members towards the operation of the HTX facility, further development of our automated crystallography and fragment screening pipelines and will contribute to research projects.
- Operation of the automated crystallography platform comprising automated liquid handling, imaging and crystal harvesting robotic systems. Liaison with HTX lab users.
- Contributing to further development of automated crystallography pipelines for fragment screening based on the CrystalDirect technology and the CRIMS software (within the framework of the EC iNEXT-Discovery and the AuvergneRHoneAlps Booster projects)
- DNA cloning, protein expression and purification and protein crystallography will be performed as part of the internal research projects
- Management of orders and consumables for the HTX laboratory and general management and maintenance of robotic equipment (arranging with external companies for repairs when necessary).
- Participation in research projects involving fragment screening on targets of biomedical relevance.
You have a degree in biochemistry (Masters, Bachelor degree or equivalent) or a related field from a technical school or university. Under specific circumstances candidates with a PhD and publications who wish to change their career path can also be considered. Excellent skills in protein production for structural studies and significant experience in protein crystallization and the use of robotic laboratory equipment are required. Experience in diffraction data collection or fragment screening will be highly valued. The ability to work within a team and communicate with users of the crystallization facility is essential. You should be willing to acquire further skills and contribute to the development of new methods. Fluency in English and good computer skills are mandatory. We are looking for a motivated and dynamic person with a desire to work in an international environment and to contribute to high quality research and services.
More job offers from this company
- Group Leader - Cell Biology and Biophysics (m/f/d) (07/24/2020)