Sr Principal Scientist - Medicinal Chemistry (m/f/d)
The Sr Principal Scientist will lead a group of medicinal chemists, regularly engage with diverse cross-functional teams of research scientists within a collaborative environment, and be responsible for providing professional development mentorship of colleagues within his/her group, as well as to others. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to: independently devise and implement creative scientific strategies to address complex drug discovery issues, resolve team direction to advance programs, regularly communicate progress and strategy in various forums. This role will serve as a scientific resource to the department and broader organization and one who will champion the IPP platform and train future leaders in medicinal chemistry.
- Doctorate degree and 3 years of medicinal chemistry or pharmaceutical research experience OR
- Master's degree with and 6 years of medicinal chemistry or pharmaceutical research experience OR
- Bachelor's degree with and 8 years of medicinal chemistry or pharmaceutical research experience
- Experience leading medicinal chemistry teams/programs and delivering candidates for clinical development
- Experience in the development of PROTACs and/or other protein homeostasis modifying technologies (e.g. molecular glues and monovalent degraders)
- Extensive external track record of consistent and successful drug discovery accomplishments (e.g. patent inventorship, podium presentations, and peer-reviewed publications).
- Deep understanding of drug discovery and relevant drug discovery disciplines (e.g. chemistry, biology, safety, PKDM, etc.)
- Specialist in operating modern medicinal and synthetic chemistry approaches
- Experience with x-ray crystal /cryo-EM driven structure based drug design