- BS degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering or related science as well as 5+ years of experience Coatings (Inks as well for NC position) - ideally within the Graphic Arts Industry (Adhesives formulation experience is a plus)
- Experience in acrylate chemistry should include knowledge of photoinitiators, resin - monomer systems, additives, aqueous resin solution and acrylic emulsion polymers
- Knowledge of fountain solution formulation is a plus
- Formulate new products based on customer, company and market needs and opportunities
- Organize and maintain product development records and data files, ie. lab notebooks, project files, raw material, equipment and product information etc.
- Assist in the integration of the technical "know-how", formulations, and / or processes from lab bench to pilot scale and finally into commercial production
- Lab bench work formulating and testing as necessary for successful completion of lab project work
- Develop a working knowledge of available analytical and physical testing equipment and have the ability to use these tools for new product development, troubleshooting product quality issues and investigating customer product failure claims
- Recommend procurement of new equipment that is necessary for successful project completion
- Communicate effectively company product needs and opportunities with third parties (customers, development partners, vendors, and business line - affiliated entities) in order to provide interim and final deliverables within reasonable time and budget constraints
- Secure relevant intellectual property by patent application and by safeguarding company trade secrets
- Technical cooperation as a part of cross-functional teams within an international division of affiliated companies under the roof of a global premium specialty chemicals group
- Utilize existing and /or emerging technologies to design and build customer needed value added products with a competitive advantage that drives tactical and strategic business growth
ACTEGA North America Inc.
Cinnaminson, New Jersey [USA]