Senior Technologist (m/f/d)
- Uses an applied approach in performing moderate/complex technological functions within laboratory operations.
- Develops, tests, installs and operates equipment and systems under the guidance of the Technical team
- Conducts applied research and experimental testing under the direction of the Technical team
- May troubleshoot at an advanced level to repair equipment or components.
- Advanced technical knowledge of instrumentation and analytical techniques
- Works from detailed specifications and verbal instructions.
- Interprets and evaluates results.
- Calibration and set up of equipment prior to analysis.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of LIMS
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of QMS & may be required to investigate corrective actions
- Will approve data without direction of supervisor
- Maintain and record equipment calibrations.
- Independently carries out routine and non-routine equipment maintenance
- Initiative and independent judgment required in applying standard procedures.
- Maintains a clean working environment.
- Will provide guidance and training to more junior laboratory personnel.
- Leads or manages projects or production logistics for group
- Follows all company health, safety and environmental policies.
- Follows all Quality system protocols and reports any discrepancies to the Supervisor.
- May be asked to work in other areas of the Geochemistry department when needed.
- May be assigned and coordinate special or ad hoc projects as needed.
- A post-secondary education (degree and/or diploma) in a Science related program (Chemistry, Biochemistry, Environmental Science) or equivalent experience is required.
- A minimum of 5-10 years of experience in a laboratory setting is required.
- Candidates must be proficient in using various types of computer software (Word, Excel. PowerPoint & Outlook).
- Proven ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects in a fast-paced, highly professional environment.
- Extended hours and shift work may be required from time to time.
- Travel to other SGS locations or client location may be required from time to time.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings should be authorized to work in Canada.