Scientist I/II - Biochemistry (m/f/d)
- For the Scientist I level, we require: Bachelor's Degree & 5+ years of experience, Master's Degree & 2+ years of experience
- For the Scientist II level, we require: BS & 7+ years of experience; MS & 5+ years of experience; in Biochemistry or related discipline
- A proven record of success in the expression, purification, and characterization of mammalian proteins, including antibodies, antibody fragments, and novel protein constructs
- Experience in the use of various chromatography and purification systems (protein A/G, HIC, IMAC with AKTA systems) and analytical instruments (Agilent HPLC, Waters UPLC and LC/MS, CE-SDS, SDS-PAGE)
- Experience with various protein conjugation technologies (fluorescent dyes, biotin) and protein cleavage methods (pepsin, papain digest)
- Demonstrated ability to enhance protein production capabilities through identification of key technology improvements, innovation, and / or problem solving
- Experience with cell culture and transient expression platforms (e.g., HEK293, CHO) would be a plus
We are seeking a protein purification scientist to be part of our well-integrated discovery group. As a member AbbVie's Global Biologics team, you will play a key role in the production and characterization of antibodies and related molecules and collaborate with Oncology Discovery scientists to deliver differentiated best-in-class biologics.
The ideal candidate would enjoy a lab environment that blends defined protocols to deliver consistent biologics with the freedom to explore innovative new technologies. Above all, we are looking for a highly motivated and collaborative individual with a passion for drug discovery research, who enjoys working in a fast-paced and highly dynamic working environment.
More job offers from this company
- Senior Scientist I/II - Organic Chemistry (m/f/d) (2020/03/13)