Laboratory Technician (m/f/d)
- Perform physical and chemical tests on minerals and fertilizer samples as per SGS' Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) or any recognized standard methods, such as SPPA, AFPC, AOAC and ISO.
- Prepare and split the submitted samples according to established procedures.
- Maintain cleanliness of preparation equipment and sample preparation area. Dispose of retained samples
- Calibrate, operate and maintain analytical instruments including, ISE, AA and others.
- Able to perform classical analytical methods as required and verify results, such as titration, gravimetric method and make basic and complex reagents as necessary.
- Provides feedback to the crew leader, supervisor or lab manager regarding any issues encountered during procedures. E.g. unanticipated reactions, loss of samples etc
- Assist with method development and validations.
- Verify and adjust calibrations on a variety of lab equipment including dispensers, pipettes, balances oven and other. Ensure the equipment is maintained in good order.
- Ensure that work order documentation is complete in every respect and QC results are entered into SLIMS as necessary.
- Maintain clean and organized workbench area ensuring spills are immediately cleaned; disposal of sample is handled according to laboratory procedures.
- A post secondary education (degree and/or diploma) in a Science related program (Chemistry, Chemical Engineering etc.) is highly desirable
- Good hand/eye coordination when handling samples and various equipment.
Burnaby, British Columbia [CDN]