Postdoctoral Researcher Modelling honeybees and vitality indicators (m/f/d)
- Update the honeybee model BEEHAVE based on existing new data and tests.
- Represent the four study sites of VIBee, including their landscape data and the experiments performed, in BEEHAVE.
- Develop BEEHAVE to include the new data on flight activities, validate the model, and suggest new experiments.
- Contribute to the development and test of vitality indicators.
- Produce an educational version of BEEHAVE which can be used for beekeeper education.
- Communicate of the obtained results at conferences and in high impact peer-reviewed journals.
- PhD in biology, physics, computer science, mathematics or any other discipline that includes quantitative methods for systems analysis.
- Highly motivated and independent scientist with interest in both basic and applied research.
- Experience in ecological or agent-based modelling and in programming
Helmholtz-Zentrum für Umweltforschung GmbH