Scientific Resource Management
- Management: To understand how to develop and maintain research projects and infrastructures as a business enterprise
- Entrepreneurship: To be able to build a business model (balancing non-profit ambition versus for-profit needs); and understand the balance between research service and research collaboration
- Networking: To be able to network and form collaborations effectively as well as distinguishing opportunity from obligation
- Mentorship: Course instructors will aim to establish lasting mentorship contacts with the participants
Successful participation will be certified by the Gläsernes Labor Akademie (GLA).
- Lectures will discuss the challenges and solutions in the management of research projects, departments, shared resource laboratories, technology platforms, and core-facilities.
- Interactive sessions will allow participants to explore entrepreneurship and develop a business or grant application plan.
- Participants will have plenty of networking opportunities.
This course will be valuable for anyone (Masters/Ph.D students, postdocs, research scientists, principal investigators, professionals already in research infrastructure management roles, scientific entrepreneurs) who is interested in or currently in a position of leadership within scientific research and those interested in setting up their own business, e.g.
- Facility Managers
- PhD Students
- Postdoctoral Scientists
- Principal Investigators
- Lab Managers