Characterization of polymers and biopolymers using Size Exclusion Chromatography GPC / SEC / GFC
The main goal is to provide participants with an extensive overview about the characterization of macromolecules with liquid chromatography including possible hyphenation techniques.
Laboratory managers, laboratory personnel and scientific staff, knowledge of instrumental analysis would be an advantage but not a prerequisite.
- What are the peculiarities involved in the characterization of macromolecules?
- Introduction and basics of GPC / SEC / GFC : Separation mechanism, Experimental aspects with some useful applications.
- How to choose the right column? Method development.
- Detection techniques, from concentration to light-scattering detection (molar mass-sensitive detection) and triple detection.
- Calibration of GPC / SEC / GFC systems.
- Strategies toward the characterization of complex products by means of copolymer analysis and/or branching analysis, 2-dimensional separations and new detection techniques, e.g. Mass spectrometry.
- Application examples from protein analysis, pharmaceutical/medical engineering, product approval (REACH and others) and chemical industry (R&D and QC).
Interactive lectures with participants, discussion of some application-related examples.
Frau Esther Wolff
Tel.: +41 58 765 5200
Fax: +41 58 765 5801
Mail: Send request
All entries of this company
- Analytical Quality by Design ICH Q14 - a new ICH Quality Guideline (2019-10-22 Olten [CH])
- Chemometrics: Multivariate Mathematical Methods in Analytical Chemistry (2019-11-08 Dübendorf [CH])
- Experimental Design (2019-11-15 Dübendorf [CH])
- Statistical Analysis of Measurement Values (2019-11-20 - 2019-11-22 Olten [CH])