Field Application Specialist, Protein Biomarker Analysis Systems (m/f/d)
On behalf of our client we are looking for an application specialist for their growing business in middle and North Germany.
What our client is offering?
For almost 20 years, our client who has become a global gold standard in its market segment but remains on a strong growth curve upwards due to constant innovation in a growing market space. With their unique technology, they are helping their customers to accelerate drug discovery processes in the preclinical phases of Pharma R&D (as well as in academic research) and with their multiplex technology being acknowledged as a next generation high throughput ELISA replacement. They are revolutionizing the way scientists are working by significantly speeding up analysis times while using minimal sample volumes but still providing results with the best precision available.
What is expected?
The purpose and scope of the position is to provide scientific support to sales account managers, new and existing customers in accounts in middle and north of Germany. This position will carry out evaluations at prospect sites for new instrument opportunities, support new and existing customers in the use of the company's assays and in the development of new assays. The candidate should be based in the central/northern region of Germany and speak German (native) and fluent English.
Educate, train and support new/existing customers on MSD instrumentation and data analysis:
- Train customers on the use of assays, instrumentation and software
- Assist existing customers with assay troubleshooting and data analysis
- Provide support for customers wishing to develop their own assays on the platform
- May include but not be limited to inflammation, oncology, metabolic disorders, neuroscience, immunogenicity, PK, toxicology, bioproduction
- Attend scientific meetings, conferences and trade shows, provide feedback and reports
- Traveling to customers on a regular basis
Work as part of a team:
- Integrate information between sales and marketing groups to provide resolution of customer issues and expand the customer base through scientific networking
- Integrate with sales account managers in the strategic selling process to grow instrument and consumable sales in the territory
- Present scientific seminars to prospects
- Create reports and presentations from assay development visits and new evaluations
- Provide feedback from the field to other team members, account managers and internal groups
- Document activities and customer interactions in the CRM software
Your experience and qualifications:
- M.S. in biology, biochemistry, chemistry, biotechnology, or other related area required; PhD desirable
- At least 3-5 years of hands-on experience working in a molecular biology lab, clinical lab, discovery lab, or biochemistry in a research or clinical setting is required
- Previous experience in a field application or scientific support position is desirable but not essential
- Experience in protein biochemistry is a plus
- A demonstrated level of consistency in performance and aptitude for managing additional responsibility, team work and accountability are required for next level consideration
Your knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Demonstrate competency in analytical skills and strong scientific fundamentals
- Logical problem solving and demonstrated ability to organize and move project tasks forward in an orderly and structured fashion
- Display a thorough understanding of the principles of immunoassays, their development and their applicability in different research fields
- Independently execute assay and reagent troubleshooting, optimization and validation experiments
- Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills as a core competency to include presentation and training styles
- Effectively communicate issues/problems and results that impact timelines, accuracy and reliability of laboratory data
Please apply online using the German language!